The biceps curl is a typical exercise you would see in the gym! Everyone wants to tone those arms and feel strong! Here at Ironside it is important to work all aspects of the body so you may find yourself doing a squat and a biceps curl at the same time! For #TrainingTuesday I’m breaking this exercise down so that you can get maximum results and minimal injuries!
- Your elbow should be slightly bent with the weight in hand, palms facing forward.
- Curl the weight upwards towards the shoulders.
- Once you have reached your range of motion, return the weight to the starting position.
Things To Avoid:
- Do not rush through this exercise and ensure you are going the slowest on the downward phase. This is when the muscle is working the most!
- Make sure you keep your elbows at your sides!
- There are a few different tools you can use! Most commonly you see this exercise done with dumbbells but you could also use kettlebells or resistance bands!
Try switching it up! Different tools work the muscles in different ways! Challenging yourself in a variety of ways and see different results! Lets get those arms looking fantastic and strong!
Here is some more great information about this exercise from BodyBuilding.com – http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/dumbbell-bicep-curl
Thinking now is the right time to kick your fitness up a notch? Check out my article on selecting the best personal trainer for you! www.ironsidefitness.com/best-personal-trainer-calgary