This week I am tackling the idea that deprivation is the only path to weight loss! Because it reality deprivation only leads to a yo-yo of weight loss and weight gain caused by the inevitable binge post deprivation! Check out my #MotivationMonday video blog and the recipe I speak about below!
ALMOND FLOUR SCONE RECIPE WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS (GLUTEN-FREE)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Makes 8 scones
– 2 cups blanched almond flour
– 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (such as Real Salt)
– 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips (preferably 70%+ cacao, organic and vegan)
– 1 jumbo OR 2 small eggs, lightly beaten (you’ll need 1/4 cup of lightly beaten eggs)
– 1/2 teaspoon good quality organic vanilla extract
– 1 tablespoon raw honey
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a large mixing bowl, blend the dry ingredients together.
3) In a small mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients together. The wet ingredients do not have to be fully mixed, just give them a few spins together to give the mixing a head start.
4) Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a large spoon, then mix with your hands to ensure the dough is uniform.
5) Form dough into a one inch thick disk, and cut into 8 same-size pieces, similar to how you would cut a pizza.
6) Place each scone onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned on the edges.
7) Cool for at least 5 minutes then serve. These scones can be kept in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Find more great recipes like this and read more at; elizabethrider.com