Here is the low-down on weight loss supplements that you need to know about.
If you have opened a magazine, turned on the radio, or glanced at the T.V. lately then you know there is an overabundance of weight loss supplements currently on the market.
Some claim that you will lose 5 pounds in a week, others claim that you will lose 3 dress sizes in a month, and my personal favorite claims that you will lose 20 pounds in 10 days.
Do these pills really have the ability to “melt away pounds” or “burn fat in your sleep”? The correct answer is probably on the tip of your tongue… No! No matter how much we enjoy the fantasy of a magic pill turning us into a supermodel, deep down we know that this is simply not realistic.
A $30 billion dollar industry thrives on our false hope of miraculous weight loss supplements itching to effortlessly turn us into svelte hard bodies. It is time that we came face to face with the real facts about weight loss as we cast off all misconceptions.
In reality, research shows that 95% of weight loss induced by supplements will be gained back in no less than 3 years. The Food and Drug Administration has gone so far as to declare that a weight loss supplement with a proven record of long-term success DOESN’T EXSIST
And to think that billions of dollars are spend on products that are PROVEN to not work!
How is this possible? You ask. Isn’t it against the law to make false claims about a pill?
This is where things get hairy…
These so-called weight loss supplements are acknowledged as ‘food’ by the FDA and are therefore not evaluated for their safety and effectiveness.
So you are telling me that weight loss supplements can make outrageous claims without backing them up? Yep. Sad, but true.
Here are the hard facts about magical weight loss pills:
- Most weight loss supplements contain appetite suppressants that have been known to cause reactions in some people that lead to strokes, heart attacks, panic attacks, and even death.
- Quite often the few pounds that you do end up losing with weight loss supplements are due to the diuretics that they contain. A diuretic is a substance that flushes water out of your body, providing a quick and temporary dip on the scale.
- Weight loss supplements are expensive! It may be easy to justify the cost to yourself when you believe that your hard earned money is being spent on sculpting your figure, but don’t be fooled! The useless pills cost the manufacturer only pennies to produce, while they charge you an arm and a leg.
- Next time you see a stunning before and after picture of the guy or gal that lost 200 pounds by taking a certain supplement, beware! There is a higher probability of you being struck by lightening tonight than that claim being true. Most spokespersons and testimonials for weight loss supplements are false, and are only there to entice an unsuspecting public.
- Weight loss supplement companies admit that their products will not work without the accompaniment of calorie restriction and an increase in physical activity.
But wait! Before you kiss your weight loss dreams goodbye forever, sentencing yourself to life in the fat jeans, READ ON! There is a way to achieve long-term weight loss!
Here it is, brace yourself…
The sure-fire, safe and effective way to achieve healthy weight loss is…to eat a balanced diet and to participate in regular exercise. Find a personal trainer that can work with your concerns and needs.
That’s it, folks. No fancy pill or tasty diet drink will get you the body of your dreams faster and more effectively than old fashion nutrition and exercise! So the next time that you are tempted to dish out big bucks on the latest weight loss craze, do yourself a favor. Put your wallet back into your pocket and find your way to a competent personal trainer instead who can help you permanently reach your fitness and weight loss goals.